USA POWERLIFTING SILVER STAR OPEN
HOSTED BY NECEDAH POWERLIFTING
Sanctioned by USA Powerlifting – SANCTION: WI-2017-04
Date: Saturday 4th February 2017
Location: Silver Star Health Street Address: 201 Leer St City: New Lisbon, State: Wisconsin Zip Code: 53950
Meet Director –Erich Mach – firstname.lastname@example.org – 608-547-8681
Awards: Medals Based on Wilks 1-5 for each category – Masters-Junior-Teen Raw and Equipped
Registration is a 2 step process
- Fill out the online form with your basic information
- Print off the paper registration form and mail it in along with the registration fee.
Additional meet details are available on the paper registration form (link above).
Please fill out the and send the GOOGLE FORM as soon as you can so you can secure your entry. Deadline for the google form is January 25th and the paper entry form sent by (post marked) by January 25th as well. We will cap the meet at 40 lifters and I will send out confirmation of that when the limit is met. We will email you a confirmation of your received entry form and payment. We will have a waiting list, however, this will only be until 1 week before the meet!
- Meet Admission: $5 Adults $3 Students Free 5 and under
- Concessions done by Silver Star Eatery.
The scoring will be across all age categories and divisions of the 3L competition. Your declared team members could be geared or raw, masters and juniors and open. The places …of the declared team members would be used in the total of the scores.
1st = 12 points, 2nd = 9 points, 3rd = 8 points, 4th = 7 points, 5th = 6 points, 6th = 5 points, 7th = 4 points, 8th = 3 points, 9th = 2 points, 10th = 1 point
- Teams will have to provide a listing of the 3lift team members by 11:00 pm Thursday Jan. 26th via email (t o n y a _ wi usa pl @ me. com, remove extra spaces). There cannot be more than ten members. No changes to this list after turning in.
- The team can have men and women, still limited to ten total.
- There cannot be more than two team members in a category. Such as only two can be from the Men’s Raw 105 kg.
- One alternate can be named, acting as the 11th team member should any of the other team drop out of the competition due to an injury or a DQ as in no total (of the three lifts).
- $50 team fee to be paid at 7:00 am registration January 28th. No teams can form during the competition.
2017 WI State Open Team Declaration Sheet
Name: Matthew Pickard WI Hometown: Hartland
Weight class(es): 93
My powerlifting story: I had taken five years off from any form of fitness. When I finally returned to the gym I needed something to keep me motivated and powerlifting was it. I’m now 45 and even though I’ve had injuries (sustained not from powerlifting), I find that my desire to compete even stronger.
Achievements: I always manage to set a new personal record or improve my Wilks. One of the other great things, is just making new friends who are as passionate as you are.
Find me on social media: defeatgiantrobots (Instagram)
Competitors of the WI State Meet / Open will be able to have their personal gear checked the night before (7:30-9:00pm) at Whitnall High School (5000 S 116th St, Greenfield, Wisconsin 53228). Can also acquire your ER rack heights for squat, bench uprights and safeties. You can then also get familiar with where the venue is located, what doorway to go in and what hallways to navigate. Should help you feel more prepared for Saturday morning. You will also be able to pick up your meet shirt and purchase additional shirts.
Bring everything you would wear on the platform; singlet, t-shirt, logn socks, shoes, belt, knee sleeves/knee wraps, wrist wraps, suits, bench shirts, Erector shirts, headband, underwear.
Facebook event page
There is now a waiting list for this event. Should you like to be on the waiting list, enter your information here and you will be notified when another has clearly indicated they are unable to attend. It doesn’t imply they will or did receive a refund, it is just that they cannot attend and gave advance notice. All the better for you.
Check out our Facebook event page for Q&A about the event and a roster.
Additionally, there will be a workshop at Ford’s Gym in Madison at 9am on Saturday, December 3rd for first time competitors, people with an interest in competing in a USA Powerlifting event in 2017, or experienced competitors who would like a refresher on rules, meet other competitors, etc. Information for that is also available on a Facebook event page.