The results for the 2015 Wolf Open and No Frills Raw Powerlifting Meet are now available on the results page. Congrats to everyone who lifted!
Busy week and month for powerlifting in Wisconsin:
- Ron Burmeister and the Winneconne HS powerlifting team ran a very successful competition this past weekend for 44 lifters. At least half of them were participating in their first competition. I think we will see them all at another contest now that they have one under their belt.
- This Saturday is one last opportunity for Wisconsin lifters of any age to qualify for the upcoming USAPL Raw Nationals in mid-October. Erich Mach and Necedah HS powerlifting team are hosting this competition. Raw Nationals is already over 750 registered competitors and will be the contest of the year. Hopefully all on Saturday will qualify – that is their goal.
- The Western Wisconsin Open on October 31 has reached the halfway mark on number of registered competitors, thirty slots remain. Remember, what you wear on the platform is referred to as a ‘costume’ in the USAPL rulebook. Look like a lifter and be a lifter at this contest on Halloween.
- Are there specific types of vendors you would like to see at the contests? Let me know so I can help this happen.
- Traveling this week? To school. To work. To the gym. To Scranton, PA for BP Nationals. To Prague for Sub-Junior and Junior World Championships. Good luck to all of these competitors.
- BP Nats competitors from WI:
- Dave Doan – M2A category
- Robert Crawford – M3A
- Dave Johnson – M1B
- Luke Hanifen – Open
- Tyler David (Necedah) – T2 (16)
- IPF Sub-junior & Junior competitors & coach from WI that are on the national team:
- Stephanie Rattunde – 43kg – Necedah HS
- Taylor LaChapelle – 47 kg – Adams-Friendship HS
- Tristyn Hutchins – 52kg – Necedah HS
- Lauren Lent – 57kg – Whitnall HS
- Samantha Kroll – 63kg – Eau Claire North HS (great article on Sam)
- Mackenzie Curtis – 84kg – River Falls HS
- Kim Johnson – 57kg – UW Green Bay
- Mariah Hamm – 84kg – UW Eau Claire
- Ken Johnson – 53kg – Horlick HS
- Mike Voegel – 66kg – Whitnall HS
- Mitch Cowman – 105kg – Whitnall HS
- Alex Stoll – 120kg – Osceola HS
- RG Lukow – sub-junior national team assistant coach
- BP Nats competitors from WI:
- If you know Wisconsin teenagers interested in powerlifting, do show them this list above. Every year teenagers from Wisconsin go on to represent the US on the national team. They started in the Wisconsin High School Powerlifting Association (WHSPA).
- Keep checking this website for updates on all of the meets mentioned here.
- Are you a geek about data entry? A 9 key whiz? I am looking for someone to assist throughout the year in record database updating. A way to contribute behind the scenes.
- Two more individuals are state level referees for the USAPL; Neil Steinmetz and Frank Jones
- Keep the technical questions coming to me. I will get you the correct, vetted answer in a timely manner. It’s one of my duties as your state chair.
This email is long enough. Best to all at home and those traveling this week.
WI USAPL State Chair
IPF Category II official
WI State Open meet director – 1-16-16
Want to know about the upcoming events and receive regular updates? Subscribe to our Facebook Events page!
In 2015 we have the Wolf Open this weekend, the Raw No Frills Qualifier for High School lifters, and Western Wisconsin Open. Early in 2016 will be the Wisconsin State Open. There is also the Pure Fitness Open posted in the event on the Pure Fitness Facebook page.
Good luck to every lifting this weekend!
High School Powerlifting Meet
Saturday, August 29th, 2015
Lifts: SQUAT, BENCH & DEADLIFT (FULL PL MEET)
Location: Necedah HS
1801 S. Main
Necedah, WI 54646
Hosted Event: Necedah Powerlifting Club
Meet Directors: Erich Mach 608-547-8681
Schedule: (1 PLATFORM)
Registration, Weight – in and equipment check – 7:00 to 8:30 A.M.
Warm-Up time – 8:15 AM – 8:55 AM Lifting begins at 9:00 A.M.
Entry Fee: Full meet – Capped at 20 Lifters $50 Per Lifter (Does not include any USAPL card fees)
Eligibility: All USA Powerlifting card members who hold current 2015-2016 memberships or. Lifters MUST purchase a membership card PRIOR to the meet. Cards will not be sold at this meet. Must have not used strength inducing drugs in the last three years (36 months), and prescriptions diuretics or banned stimulants in the 7 days prior to the contest. THIS IS A DRUG TESTED MEET.
Equipment – Raw equipment as authorized by USAPL
Entry Form Address – Erich Mach Box 395, Necedah, WI 54646
Make Checks Payable to : NAPLA Powerlifting Club
Entries Must be post marked by August 15th,, 2015
Late fee $20 on entry forms accepted the day of the meet and no refunds.
The 2016 USAPL WI State Open will be on 1-16-16 and again proudly hosted by the Whitnall HS Powerlifting Team in Greenfield, WI. We’re on the USAPL calendar as sanctioned contest, WI-2016-01. Meet director is myself – so I will take your questions. There will be on-line registration available later in this year. Three-lift and bench press only, gear and raw on four platforms for ages 14 and up. No cap on number of competitors – unless we blow up!
The Summer Splash was this past Saturday in Omro with 33 lifters, many of them being ‘first-timers’ out of Necedah. What is interesting is that these individuals are parents of the high school team members and committed to training with the goal of qualifying for raw nationals. Almost all did. Congrats! Many of the teen competitors kept up training even while school is out to hit new PRs or get a QT for high school nationals.
Once again we have many lifters between the ages of 15 and 23 training for the IPF sub-junior & junior world championships in Prague beginning of September. Every rep, set and workout counts now. Their dedication in these summer months is admirable. At least eight on the national team are from Wisconsin.
Let me know if you are going to raw national, bench press nationals or masters worlds. Include a photo and I will be happy to brag about you on the USAPL Wisconsin Facebook page.
Western Wisconsin Open meet director Chuck Eaton tells me there at 20 out of 60 slots full for October 31. The contest is in Hudson and the border battle with Minnesota continues on.
The Wolf Open is the next contest in our state on August 22. You may want to plan a summer ride to Winneconne as it is a beautiful morning drive in, watch some great lifting and cruise home on the county backroads. If this is your first meet, please check out our new competitor page.
Raw Nationals in Scranton is over 400 competitors. Do not delay getting your registration in.
Interested in testing for USAPL state level referee? Work with me on how to.
All the best in powerlifting and life!
WI State Chair