The 130 spot limit has been reached, so the registration for the 2015 WI USAPL State Open registration has been closed!
14 days until…and I still have to get a few powerlifting goodies on the shopping list! I am hoping there is dark chocolate in my Xmas stocking as I am going to need it over the next several months!
- USAPL memberships purchased now are good through 12-31-15
- As of yesterday, 84 registrations already in for the WI State Open on Jan. 17th. 130 slots total, check out the original posting for registration information
- The Wisconsin High School Powerlifting Association (WHSPA) has a scholarship available to two seniors. Application deadline is 12-20-14 11:59 pm CST
- Two WHSPA regional contests coming up this weekend – one at Omro High School in Omro and at River Falls High School.
- Check out the shout-out we received for WI for the 2015 USAPL High School Nationals on the PowerliftingHigh website
As promised, two weeks after registration opened here is the first roster for the 2015 WI USAPL 2015 State Open on January 17th, 2015. Over 66 entries already with just 2 weeks of registration! If you haven’t registered yet, check out the original posting about the meet with more meet details and the registration link.
Where and when
Weigh-ins at 7:00 am
Lifting begins at 9:00 am
How to register
Register online (registration is now closed 12/16/14). Then, within 24 hours of submitting the online registration you should receive a confirmation email, please sign the “release from liability” and the “certification for competitors,” include your entry fee payment by writing out a check to Whitnall High School and mail to: T. Lambeth, 5848 Middle Rd, Racine WI 53402. Registration will be open to the first 130 paid registrations.
Competitions for all lifters and ages:
- 3 Lift
- Bench Press only
- Raw and Geared categories
- Ages 14 and up
- Men’s and Women’s divisions
- Open to lifters from all states
- 3 platforms, 1 session
- Meet in pounds
- USAPL sanctioned WI-2015-01
Entry Fee = $60
Additional Division = $15
Spectator Fee = $7
The postmark date for the the registration form and the payment is January 10, 2015. No new entries will be accepted the day of competition. No refunds once monies are received. The initial entry fee is $60 with an additional $15 for each added division/event. Contest t-shirts are available for pre-order when you send in your entry form, $15 each.
Proof of current USAPL membership will be done at registration morning of contest. Purchase on-line at the USAPL website for $45, if purchased day of contest will be $5 more. Bring this and a government issued photo ID as both will be asked for by the referees.
Local hotel suggestions will be provided soon.
Be sure to look at the USAPL rulebook before the competition. The USAPL is the number 1 choice for drug-free lifting, at all sanctioned contests 10% of the competitors are drug-tested.
Flight information will be posted the week of the contest (cannot post this before receiving the January 10th or earlier postmarked mail). The list of competitors will be posted weekly and then daily in the last two weeks before the competition.
If you have questions regarding the meet or are unable to use the online registration form please contact the WI USAPL State Chair Tonya Lambeth (contact or 262-752-0597).
Good luck to all competitors!
Cold weather is here! So what?! Remember Silvester Stallone in Rocky IV – training his butt off in the bitter Moscow cold…? Maybe you won’t go to the same extremes but everyone has an Ivan Drago in their world. Here is a fun read on cold weather training http://www.dieselcrew.com/benefits-of-cold-weather-training.
Keep training for the WI State Open on January 17 in Milwaukee, WI. More information at posted on this website. Registration will open up within the next week or two. I will send an email as soon as it is.
If you are a full-time student in good standing with a Wisconsin university or college and under twenty-five years old, you are eligible for the following promo:
- Enter the WI State Open contest in the collegiate competition category.All the names of the competitors who do so will be put into a drawing. At the end of the contest, two names will be selected. Each will win the following:
- Free entry fee for ’15 USAPL Collegiate Nationals – Atlanta, GA*
- Reimbursement of your USAPL membership.*
*To be given back to you at Collegiate Nationals by me.
More information on Collegiate Nationals: http://www.collegiate-nationals-atlanta.com/home
WHSPA (Wisconsin High School Powerlifting Association) scholarship application now available to high school seniors. Scholarship applications for the class of 2015 are due by December 20th, 2014. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1SjYhHLQBj0IYmdFmNZjIYZn7npkxhtt7hNtM3HXPDz0/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=send_form
Thanksgiving feast & protein: turkey breast can offer as much as 30 grams of protein per 3.5-ounce portion. Gobble gooble.
All the best,